I have to admit that I’m a little bit teary-eyed. I know, I know, that’s something silly, but it’s been a long weekend and I’m just now sitting down to get caught up on things. When I checked in here I see that I’ve been nominated by Heather at Donning the Crescent for my blog. Dearest Heather, thank you so much! You really brought light and joy to my Solstice day.
Heather introduced me to a new book (in a round about way) and, because of the other sites she nominated, I now have quite a bit of reading to do! This is a wonderful way to spend some of the winter evenings and I look forward to getting to know them all a little bit.
Now to the rules of this event:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Done)
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post. (I almost forgot that, isn’t it pretty?)
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself. (in just a moment)
- Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire, and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog (I’ll be doing that right after I finish).
- I am saving up for a motor home to move into it and live as frugally and self sufficiently as possible.
- I have 3 cats who will be traveling with me and I’m currently in the process of training them to be on harnesses. Outdoors will happen when the weather is nicer and I get them micro-chipped.
- I started following the Pagan path in 1997, but it was sporadic for the last decade. I’m working on that.
- I have 2 kids: Anthony just turned 23 and Brianna will be 18 on New Year’s Eve.
- I am forty-three years old and don’t keep that a secret.
- I don’t dye my hair and am actually a little in love with all the silver strands.
- I have been dyeing yarn and selling it online since January 2010 and today I opened an online metaphysical shop (The Raven’s Cauldron) that is still small, but I am hopeful.
The 15 blogs I nominate are (also, the “because” I added isn’t part of the rules):
- Donning the Crescent – because her words are a joy to read.
- Be Love Live – because she’s so down to earth and a joy to know (I’m a little sad that she’s moving, but more sad that I wasn’t able to meet up with her more often).
- James Radcliffe – because his words are raw and truthful and eloquent.
- Witches of the Craft – because even though I am still new to that site, I really felt like there was a lot to learn from it.
- Spanish Woods – because the pictures are breathtaking and the words are eloquently paired with them.
- Messages from the Faeries – because Faeries and Tarot? And the site is just cool.
- Silver Ravenwolf – because I’ve been reading her work since 1997 and I like that most of what she says is straightforward and no-nonsense.
- Honey Rock Dawn – because I’m truly inspired by the life she lives
- Gone with the Wynns – because they have awesome information about RV living. And cats!
- LaBelleStudio – because the images and words speak to my soul.
- High in the Woods – because the poetry is lovely and raw and sometimes it hurts, too. (ETA: I hadn’t read this blog since the poem was posted on the 18th. When I read it today, I discovered that he had been hit by a car while walking and died at the scene. I am going to sit in silence for a little while now.)
- Ch’kara SilverWolf – because I’m always looking for more books.
- Christopher Martin Photography – because they pictures are beautiful and inspirational.
- bear Medicinewalker – because I love reading the stories.
- HocusPocus13 – because I like to see the variety of things posted.
I hope that you check out each of these blogs and enjoy doing so. Blessings to you all!